The University and the Lifelong Learning Centre provide a range of activities to support LLC students looking to:
- explore their career options
- develop or enhance their employability skills
- gain work or voluntary experience
- prepare for promotion, review or a role change at work
- find and apply for jobs
The LLC offers and 1-1 on-course careers guidance for LLC students, ex-LLC students and mature undergraduates from any department. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment
If you are a mature undergraduate, the LLC has produced a Careers Guide specifically to help you.
The LLC is offering a wide range of personal and professional development events for students which include careers workshops to complement those provided by the Careers Centre – for more information please take a look at our Events section.
The University also has a Careers Centre which offers:
- Fully qualified, experienced guidance staff who can discuss your career/employment situation with you one-to-one and look at ways forward (if you cannot get into the Centre easily you can use the e-guidance service)
- Drop-in service (2pm-4pm Monday-Friday) for a range of enquiries including on-the-spot CV checking
- Access to information on job vacancies, internships, work experience/placements, employer events and presentations (this service is restricted to University members only so you will need to log in using your ISS username and password)
- Paid summer placements in university departments, the media and local companies for Leeds students only. Check the opportunities via the members-only section of the Career Centre website (use your ISS username and password to log in).
- Accredited career modules available as electives at Level 2
- Support for full-time students
- Support for part-time students
The Careers Centre have also produced a video showing you how to find them.
- Not sure what you want to do in the future or where your degree might lead you? Try the Careers Centre website, Prospects or Adult Directions (subscription service; contact the LLC for the password to give you free access).
- Looking for voluntary experience? Find out about opportunities available through the LLC here, try the University Volunteering Hub or, for opportunities further afield, the national Do-It website.
- Looking for part-time or temporary/vacation work? Try the University’s Joblink service, based in Leeds University Union.
- Find out how Leeds University Union can support you in developing your employability skills
- Want to know more about some careers and how to get into them? Try the Leeds Network, through which you can make contact with Leeds graduates who are working in particular careers or industries.
- Limited to Leeds in your job search for personal reasons? Have a look the Careers Centre’s regional job opportunities information.
- Having trouble putting together a job/promotion application or creating/revising your CV? Don’t forget to use the Leeds for Life ‘timeline’ to record your voluntary or work roles and other experience which can demonstrate the transferable skills employers are seeking.
- Not sure what ‘employability skills’ are or how to develop them? View a presentation which explains this.