Coronavirus update: The Lifelong Learning Centre (LLC) is open for enquirers, applicants and students. However, most our services are currently being delivered online. You can read the University’s Coronavirus advice here.
The LLC remains committed to offering a high quality service and support to new and returning students, applicants and enquirers. We have set up a number of communication channels so we can respond to you quickly and support you in these challenging circumstances.
Here are some details about how you can access these services:
For general enquiries, please email email@example.com, including your student ID and programme of study in all communication (if applicable) to help us answer to your enquiry as quickly as possible.
New and Returning Students
We’re pleased to announce that our ‘Virtual Welcome Desk’ is now open from 9.00am-5.00pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays and 9.00-6.00pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
The Virtual Welcome Desk is being hosted on Microsoft Teams. We are aiming to get everyone added to the MS Team space but in the event this has not been done you can request to join the ‘MS Team – LLC Welcome Desk’ here. You will need to wait for your request to be approved before you can access the Welcome Desk.
Once your request has been approved you can access the Welcome Desk by either following the instructions in this short 1-minute video or by following the steps below:
1. Click on one of the Welcome Desk channels that has a blue video camera symbol next to it
2. Find the meeting with today’s date on and type ‘here’ in the comments underneath the meeting. This puts you in the queue.
3. Click ‘join’ under ‘Meeting’ in the channel and then make sure your video and microphone are on before clicking ‘join’ again
4. You will then be placed in a ‘lobby’
5. Once the Welcome Desk team member is available to speak to you they will admit you into the space
Please note there may be more than one Welcome Desk channel running at a time. This will be clear by the blue video camera visible next to the channels title. You may want to go to all channels with a blue video camera visible to see how many people are in the queue before you choose which desk to join.
- We have also created this Becoming an Online Learner Guide to help you with your studies during this time
- If you are an LLC student who is experiencing hardship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you require pastoral support, please email email@example.com. You will have the option of providing a phone number should you wish to have a chat with our Student Support Officer.
- You can see a list of Frequently Asked Questions here
Differ Chat: Differ is an informal chat app for university students, making it easier for you to connect and chat with other students in the Lifelong Learning Centre and on your course. Here you can ask questions, help other students and interact to create inclusive and helpful online communities. You can see who else is on your course and chat, without having to share phone numbers or social media accounts. For more information or to join this community please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember we also have programme-specific groups on Facebook and we would strongly encourage you to join your group. Email email@example.com and we will send you the relevant link.
Interested in Studying?
- If you wish to request an appointment for Pre-entry information, advice and guidance please complete this online form. If you would like to have a chat with a colleague or book an appointment over the phone, please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you back.
- A lot of our taster session and recruitment activity has moved online. If you have registered to attend one of our online events we will contact you via email. You can view all of our upcoming events here and you’re welcome to get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Our ‘Returning to Study’ Facebook group is a friendly place for general enquiries about studying at Leeds as a mature and/or part-time student
We wish the best of health to everyone.