Lifelong Learning Centre

PHE Students: information about applying for a tuition fee loan from the Student Loans Company

As a PHE student you should apply for your government financial support as follows:

  1. For the PHE year, apply online for the part-time tuition fee loan, naming the part-time BA Interdisciplinary Studies as your programme
  2. At the end of the PHE year, you should apply online for your financial support package (loans/grants etc), naming your chosen degree title

A few important things to note:

  • If you are progressing to a part-time programme at the University after your PHE course, you should apply again (online) each year for the part-time financial support package, but changing the year each time after the PHE year (which is year 0).
  • Don’t worry if you are not yet sure about whether you will be doing a Year Abroad or a Year in Industry; this can be changed later.